Have you always wanted to stay on time with the market? Do you wish to better manage your unit trust funds so as to ensure your portfolio is spread evenly among different asset classes, in accordance with changing market sentiments?
Then, step right into Manulife Investment Management (M) Berhad Registration No: 200801033087 (834424-U) (hereinafter referred to as “Manulife IM (Malaysia)”)'s online facility which allows investors to switch their portfolios of unit trust investments between funds of various asset classes at the click of a mouse.
Online Switching: A Brief Introduction
While switching between funds manually has long been practised by investors so as to re-adjust their investment portfolio to be in line with prevailing market developments, Manulife IM (Malaysia) now allows you to perform this transaction online, from the convenience and comfort of your own home, office or just about anywhere with Internet connection.
Designed to offer individual investors greater flexibility in terms of managing their time, the online switching facility enables registered users to switch their unit trust fund allocations from time to time.
With the online switching service available from 1st October 2007, individual investors will be able to perform Online Switching transactions 24 hours* a day, seven days a week.
Online Switching: At A Glance
Performing the online switching transaction is extremely simple and not to mention, results in a much faster turnaround time, too. The mechanism behind this online switching facility is much simpler than the current manual fund switching procedure as you are able to do it via the Internet, as a paperless transaction. Getting started with this online switching facility is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Register to access the Investor Online Login facility
- Click on 'Investor Login' at www.manulifeinvestment.com.my, enter user ID and password
- Read, understand and agree to the disclaimers, terms and conditions stated
- View your account details & choose the specific account you wish to switch
- Choose the specific fund to switch
- Enter the necessary details to switch your funds
- Click 'Submit'
- Click 'Confirm'
Online Switching: General Terms and Conditions
- Unit holder(s) is also bound by the general terms and conditions of online switching stated herein other than the terms and conditions of OSFA as stipulated below.
- The Company reserves the right to vary the general terms and conditions of online switching at any time without prior notice to the unit holder(s).
- The unit holder(s) and the UTA of the "switched from" and "switched to" account must be the same.
- Currently, the Company will not charge a switching fee if you switch your investment up to 6 transactions per calendar year. Any additional switching between funds will be charged a switching fee of RM25 per transaction (RM15 for Online Switching) except for switching at selling price from bond/money market funds (low-load units) to equity/ balanced funds. Please check the Company website (https://online.manulifeinvestment.com.my/) for the latest rate.
- The unit holder(s) will be charged switching fee as set out in the Company website (https://online.manulifeinvestment.com.my/).
- If the switching request is made to an initial (new) investment, the net amount switched must meet the minimum requirement of the fund's initial investment amount.
- Request for switching is not applicable for EPF float units.
- The Company reserves the rights to deduct any amount that may be owed by the unit holder (s) to the Company from the switching amount.
Online Switching Facility by Adviser: Terms and Conditions
- Online Switching Facility by Adviser ("OSFA") is a facility whereby authority has been granted by the unit holder(s) to the Company to carry out online switching transaction(s) where it deems fit on behalf of the unit holder(s)through its UTA.
- Unit holder(s) is bound by these terms and conditions specific to OSFA and the terms applicable to switching stipulated in the respective fund(s)' prospectus and supplementary prospectus(es) (if any)/ information memorandum and any addendum (if any)/ disclosure document, product highlight sheet and provisions of the deed of respective fund(s). The Company reserves the right to vary these applicable terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to the unit holder(s).
- By subscribing to OSFA and signing this authorization form, the unit holder(s) will not be able to perform any online switching transaction personally for all the unit holder's investment accounts, including joint accounts of which the unit holder is the principal holder, save and except for online switching performed by unit holder(s) in iFunds, where iFunds allows unit holder(s) to perform switching transaction even if OSFA has been granted to UTA.
- The Company is authorized by the unit holder to accept and process all online switching transactions carry out by the UTA for the unit holder's investment accounts.
- The unit holder(s) shall be bound by the online switching transaction carry out by the UTA for their investment account(s). However, the unit holder(s) may dispute or disagree with the online switching transaction conducted by the UTA within fourteen (14) days from the day of transaction by giving a written notice to the Company, save and except for all transactions instructed or approved by me. Upon receipt of such written notice by the Company within the fourteen (14) days, the Company will reverse the said transaction.
- The Company reserves the right to accept or reject this authorization without assigning any reasons and under no circumstances shall the Company be responsible for any loss or damages for such action.
- The Company may discontinue or terminate OSFA anytime without assigning any reasons and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any loss or damages for such action.
- You are allowed to make a maximum of five (5) switching, on a per request basis. If you require more than five switching(s), 'Confirm' the initial batch of five switching transactions first, before proceeding to the next five.
- With exception to MPC members, all investors are only entitled to six (6) free switching transactions annually. All online switching transactions are subject to a RM15 fee, per request basis.
- The online switching fee of RM15 per request, however, will be waived between 1st October and 31st December, 2007. After this promotional period, the usual charges for online switching requests are applicable.
- Online switching transactions can only be carried out by principal account holders and this service is not available to corporate clients.
- The daily cut-off time for online switching transactions is at 4:00 pm or 11:30 am on a Bursa Malaysia half day trading day (effective 1st January 2008, the daily cut-off time for manual switching transactions is at 3.00 pm) and all these requests will be processed based on the closing price of the same day.
- Transactions done after 4:00 pm on a working day or after 11:30 am on a Bursa Malaysia half day trading day or on a non-business day will be processed based on the closing price of the next business day.
- For more information on this service, call our Customer Service Hotline at 03-2719 9271 or your respective unit trust adviser(s).