Have you always wanted to stay on time with the market? Do you wish to better manage your unit trust funds so as to ensure your portfolio is spread evenly among different asset classes, in accordance with changing market sentiments?
Then, step right into MAMSB's online facility which allows investors to switch their portfolios of unit trust investments between funds of various asset classes at the click of a mouse.
Online Switching: A Brief Introduction
While switching between funds manually has long been practised by investors so as to re-adjust their investment portfolio to be in line with prevailing market developments, MAMSB now allows you to perform this transaction online, from the convenience and comfort of your own home, office or just about anywhere with Internet connection.
Designed to offer individual investors greater flexibility in terms of managing their time, the online switching facility enables registered users to switch their unit trust fund allocations from time to time.
With the online switching service available from 1st October 2007, individual investors will be able to perform Online Switching transactions 24 hours* a day, seven days a week.
Online Switching: At A Glance
Performing the online switching transaction is extremely simple and not to mention, results in a much faster turnaround time, too. The mechanism behind this online switching facility is much simpler than the current manual fund switching procedure as you are able to do it via the Internet, as a paperless transaction. Getting started with this online switching facility is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Register to access the Investor Online Login facility
- Click on 'Investor Login' at www.manulifeinvestment.com.my, enter user ID and password
- Read, understand and agree to the disclaimers, terms and conditions stated
- View your account details & choose the specific account you wish to switch
- Choose the specific fund to switch
- Enter the necessary details to switch your funds
- Click 'Submit'
- Click 'Confirm'
- You are allowed to make a maximum of five (5) switching, on a per request basis. If you require more than five switching(s), 'Confirm' the initial batch of five switching transactions first, before proceeding to the next five.
- With exception to MPC members, all investors are only entitled to six (6) free switching transactions annually. All online switching transactions are subject to a RM15 fee, per request basis.
- The online switching fee of RM15 per request, however, will be waived between 1st October and 31st December, 2007. After this promotional period, the usual charges for online switching requests are applicable.
- Online switching transactions can only be carried out by principal account holders and this service is not available to corporate clients.
- The daily cut-off time for online switching transactions is at 4:00 pm or 11:30 am on a Bursa Malaysia half day trading day (effective 1st January 2008, the daily cut-off time for manual switching transactions is at 3.00 pm) and all these requests will be processed based on the closing price of the same day.
- Transactions done after 4:00 pm on a working day or after 11:30 am on a Bursa Malaysia half day trading day or on a non-business day will be processed based on the closing price of the next business day.
- For more information on this service, call our Customer Service Hotline at 03-2719 9271 / 1300-13-2323 or your respective unit trust adviser(s).